Independent Student Travel

Student with a kangaroo Melbourne, Australia

International Travel Registration for Students

All students traveling outside of the United States on a U of A related activity are required to register their travel with the Office of Study Abroad and International Exchange. Itineraries, purpose of visit, and host organizations are shared with the International Education Advisory Council, travel office and appropriate college administrators upon request.

This would include but is not limited to the following activities*:

  • Internship
  • Research/grant
  • Professional conference attendance
  • Traveling with a registered student organization (RSO)
  • Traveling with faculty on cultural or athletic events

*Students approved to travel on an approved study abroad program are not required to complete this independent travel registration; their information will be gathered through the online application process. For a list of approved study abroad programs, use the program search.