How to Apply
All U of A students planning to study abroad will use the HogsAbroad Portal to apply for approval to study abroad, regardless of their program choice. Get started today!
Students can begin an application any time by finding the program in HogsAbroad and selecting the “Apply Now“ button on the program page. Below you will find information that will assist you in searching for programs, creating, and continuing your application.
- Open the HogsAbroad Program Search tool from the link above.
- Search using a keyword of portion of the program name; or, you can select any of the available search parameters (location, term, program type, area of study, etc).
- Select a program.
- If this is the program you are interested in joining, click “Apply Now“.
- Use your U of A credentials to login.
- Congrats! You know how a study abroad application. The application includes a checklist of forms and materials you can save and come back to.
- Click above to login to the HogsAbroad Portal to continue an application.
- From your Applicant Home Page, you can access your program and scholarship applications to continue submitting materials. Make sure to save and submit each section.
- You will know you have completed an application when you are able to press the “Submit” button.
- After you are admitted to a program, more requirements will appear. Make sure you review all program requirements and deadlines!
Many Faculty-Led and Rome Center programs welcome students from other university to apply & participate.
When you find a program in the HogsAbroad Portal open to non-UA students, you can hit the “Apply Now” button just like any other applicant. The system will ask how you are loogin in. Indicate that you “do not have login credentials to the site,” which will prompt you to create a profile in the system.
A temporary password will be sent to the email you indicate. You'll use your temporary password to access HogsAbroad and set up a permanent password and program application.
Once your application is submitted, instructions will follow to register as a non-degree seeking student at the University of Arkansas to enroll.