About UsCommunity Development in Belize (U of A Faculty-Led Program)
Our mission at the Office of Study Abroad is to facilitate opportunities for our students to gain new knowledge, personal growth and a global perspective through study, research or practical experience outside of the United States and contribute to the campus wide effort to prepare our students to live and succeed in a global society.
The Office of Study Abroad:
- Works with faculty and academic units to develop and maintain high quality, credit-bearing education abroad programs;
- Assists students with step-by-step preparations ranging from program selection to funding options through pre-departure activities and returning back to campus;
- Assists students in financing overseas study through scholarships and financial aid;
- Manages the University’s agreements with international partner institutions and provides academic services to international students supported through exchange agreements; and
- Serves as a resource for the University, students, parents, alumni and partner institutions on study abroad programs, international political and social conditions, health and safety factors, and emergency management.